Create a Strong Password and Protect Your Data
Creating and maintaining strong, unique passwords, is a fundamental part of keeping your data safe anywhere on the web.
A unique and robust password helps you:
- Keep your data safe.
- Protect your cloud architecture.
- Prevent someone else from getting into your account.
Create your password using 32 characters or more, with any combination of letters, numbers, and symbols. We perform password strength detection and require sufficient complexity to withstand at least 10^8 guesses. Your password must not appear on any leaked password list.
We also perform automatic throttling and temporary lockout of accounts at 10 guesses/hour.
These are our suggestions for keeping your data safe:
- Use a password manager like 1Password or Bitwarden. They make it much easier to create and use long, complex passwords that are unique for each website you use.
- Subscribe to a breach notification service like Have I Been Pwned so you are notified if a service you use experiences a security breach. This is a free service, by the way.
- Turn on two-factor authentication (2FA) wherever you can! We offer 2FA protection for Cloudcraft and most services that deal with sensitive information do too.
Mozilla, the company behind the web browser Firefox, has a great article on this subject.