Transfer Account and Team Ownership
When creating a team in Cloudcraft account, you are automatically permissioned as an owner role. As an owner of a team, you are the only user who may manage subscription information. Payment information includes payment details, and the number of users your organization's license supports.
In special cases, a user account, team, and blueprint assets may need to be transferred to a different or new user entirely. This article will guide you through the transfer process.
This article refers to transferring ownership of team accounts. If you have a single user account, please refer to our documentation on updating your user profile.
If You Have Account Access
If you have access to your Cloudcraft account and team, and wish to initiate a transfer to another user, please contact our support team from inside the application. This method will automatically meet our requirements for account identification, and proof of ownership.
This process ensures that we are complying with all applicable laws, and protecting our users from theft.
- Log in to Cloudcraft as the account owner.
- Click the User avatar in the top right corner.
- Select Contact support in the dropdown menu.
- In the popup that appears in the bottom right corner, click Ask.
- Select Email, and then Next.
- Fill in Subject, and Message fields.
- Press the Submit your support request button.
For a faster turn around, give us as much information as possible in the Message field.
- What is the email address of the new owner?
- Does he already have an account with us?
- Do you want to delete your credit card information, or does the new owner get to keep it in the account?
The new owner will need to have a Cloudcraft account before we can make the transfer. You may direct them to our sign up page.
If You Do Not Have Account Access
If you do not have access to the account, but still need to transfer ownership to another user, transfer of ownership is still possible, but slightly more tedious.
For security, and privacy reasons, we cannot divulge any account information without first confirming some account details.
Get in touch with our support team to get the process started, but please have the following information ready before contacting us:
- Email of the previous account owner.
- Email of the new account owner.
- The last 4 digits of the credit card on file with us.
- The billing address for the credit card on account.
- The date, and amount of the last charge from us.
Once we have this information, we will work with you towards a successful account transfer.